- Mastering the art of labels - With Lintec's recent acquisition of Mactac Americas LLC still fresh, some of the Japanese company's top executives at its Tokyo headquarters talk about their expansion plans and their latest innovations.
Dominique reports on Lintec in Plastics in Packaging March issue.
- Early adopter or trendsetter ? - When digital printing meets customization, the potential is seemingly endless. But is that potential for now or later ? Pira reports digital printing markets expect an amazing 68.3% growth in sales by 2018. Read Dominique's article in Plastic in Packaging February issue.
- Japanese consumers crave for functional drinks - The country is often considered as the home of healthy food innovation, maybe due to Yakult’s entry into the market around 1935 already. Later, the Foshu system or Food for Specified Health Uses started to strictly regulate the claims. Today the market is flooded with all sorts of products. Dominique reports in March issue of Drink Marketing and Technology.
- Out with the old, in with the new : natural flavours and aseptic filling - A BeNeLux‘s major soft-drinks producer has recently started an aseptic bottling line for the production of a new generation of drinks using natural ingredients in PET bottles. Dominique Huret reports from Spa. Read the story in the June issue of Plastics in Packaging.
- Innovating by skipping Stages - Three significant developments at a recent event shared one thing in common : the elimination of a stage in the value chaine. Are we witnessing the future of many innovations to come ? Cape Decision reports in Plastics in Packaging, January 2016.
- Pâtisserie Masmoudi : Charm and Finesse of the Middle East - Tunisian pâtisserie Masmoudi offers a very nice story, combining tradition and modernity. This story tells more about the high-end product yet not well known in Europe. The full story is in Food Technology and Marketing - June 2015.
- Waterloo - the Beer of Bravery at the Core of major historical Celebrations in Belgium - The battle and the beer have always been closely linked. Giving strength and vigor to soldiers once upon a time, the range of Waterloo beers was everywhere during the bicentenary festivities. Drink Technology and Marketing, June 2015.
- Unisensor - Technological Passion and Flair for the Sake of Environmental Conservation - Visionary entrepreneur, Dr Günther Krieg is interviewed by Dominique on his lifetime achievements. Find out more in Drink Technology and Marketing.
- Hewlett Packard : Hungry for Food - Ready to take a share in the printing of flexible food packaging, the press manufacturer sees a bright future for digital technology. Dominique was in Tel Aviv for this report in Plastics in Packaging.
-The Silver Economy - Is French Packaging in step with the times or ahead of the game ? At the Paris Emballage fair, a committee of experts from major international brands discussed the key issues and trends driving the packaging industry. Dominique finds out more in Plastics in Packaging.
- In pursuit of Yoki-Monozukuri - Packaging contributes to society in Japan, more than in any other country. Dominique finds out how the "yoki-monozukuri" concept has helped Kao reach new levels. More in Plastics in Packaging.
- Invisible markers identify plastics in waste stream - Dominique's contribution in Labels and Labeling, May 2016. in Labels and Labeling
- Egyptian packaging and food processing industry are weathering the turmoil - Find more of our analysis in Food Marketing and Technology
- House of packs - A front runner in the product household market unveils a dispensing closure featuring 3 consumer benefits. More in Drink Technology + Marketing
- Water footprint on the industrial agenda - After "energy" and "carbon footprint", "industrial water" is now the new focus. Dominique reports for Drink Technology and Marketing. Read more in Drink Technology + Marketing
- Breakthrough Innovation : Drinktec kept all its promises ! - Direct digital printing attracted a lot of attention due to its ability to allow container customization and flexible operation. Dominique reported for Plastics in Packaging
- Food safety is a hot issue... - ... and yet our food has never been as safe. Japan LRQA CEO explains how food certification can help restore consumer trust.
Dominique reports for Food Marketing and Technology.
- Is this the end of Japanese packaging fun ? - If the 2011 earthquake has left the country with insufficient packaging suppliers for its food industry, it has also led industry and consumer to adjust to the 21st century's new challenges. Dominique finds out more in Food Marketing and Technology.
- Snow business - When East entrepreneurs meet West expertise, the future is bold. With major investments planned, one Mongolian beverage producer is bold about its future. Read more in Plastics in Packaging March 2013 issue.
- East meets West - When East entrepreneurs meet West expertise, the future is bold. Read the Vitsamo update in the March/April 2013 issue of Plastic and Packaging, The Filling Business and Drink Marketing and Technology.
- Water & Health - For Water in the Spotlight (6), Dominique examines the close links between hydratation and Health. See paper in Drink Technology + Marketing September 2012
- No more bottlenecks - Looking back at Cape Decision's achievements in the beverage, food and packaging industry around the world. In its summertime 2013 issue, an English speaking business magazine recaps.
- PET Packaging is King in Mongolia - Read the "Next Steppes" for Vitsamo, fruit juice producer.
(See paper of April 2012 issue of Plastics in Packaging).
- A stunning supply chain on Genghis Khan's footsteps - How Vitsamo delivers quality fruit juice to Mongolia.
See paper of June 2012 issue in Drink Technology + Marketing.
- Water packaging (r)evolutions - Mainly a substitution of material over time.
(See paper of November 2011 issue of Drink Marketing + Technology).
- Agrifood Belgium Showcase : A selection of Belgian's successful agrifood businesses present their update profile and innovations.
See paper of June 2011 issue in Food Marketing + Technology.
- Moment of Truth - More than two thirds of new products fail to meet expectations. So it is vital to reduce errors and increase speed to market.
See paper of March 2011 issue in Plastics in Packaging.
- On your Marks ! - Building a strong brand with good packaging is hard work and involves money, sweat and hopefully not too many tears.
See paper of January 2011 issue in Plastics in Packaging.
- Water in the Spotlight (3) : Water and culture - Around the world consumers are not buying bottled water for the similar reasons. Indeed, background and culture influence the way we consider our bottled water.
See paper of September 2010 issue in Drink Technology + Marketing.
- Water in the Spotlight (2) : Three categories of water - Careful about their food, many Europeans do not know much about the water they drink. Essential ingredients of bottled waters can deeply vary.
See paper of June 2010 issue in Drink Technology + Marketing.
- From Beer to Eternity - Could the 'all-in-one' concept be the ideal solution for beer in PET bottles ?
See paper of January 2010 issue 99, Plastics in Packaging.
- Water in the Spotlight (1) : Tap or Bottled ? - With numerous noisy campaigns targeted at bottled water and its impact on the environment, it is easy to be misled on bottled and tap water health/safety benefits.
See paper of November 2009 issue in Drink Technology + Marketing.
- Taste of Success for an exceptional Mineral Water - The independent Centro Europeo di Ricerca Acque minerali (Napoli) recently awarded its first European Mineral Water Quality Prize to Spadel.
See paper of July/August 2009 issue in Water Innovation.
- Barrier PET for sensitive products - Juice, beer and dairy products : would functional barrier PET be the ideal solution for best quality and shelf life ?
See paper of August 2008 issue in Plastics in packaging
- Caps and closures are heading up for innovation - The market for caps and closures goes through dramatic changes.
See paper of the March 2007 issue in Plastics in Packaging.
- From pouch to pooch - Two years ago at a large European exhibition, a Japanese converter promoted high-quality bags and stand-up pouches to the international market. That company is about to open its first North American plant.
Dominique Huret visited the company and told the story in Plastics in Packaging March 2019 issue.
- When fashion meets packaging - Paris recently hosted a raft of awards, eco-tours, and innovations, and provided a platform for start-ups and indie brands at the ADF&PCD show. Reports from Dominique in Plastics in Packaging March 2019
- On trend: fashion meets innovation in Paris - ADF&PCD in Paris, held earlier this year, proved the place to be for packaging professionals in the perfume, cosmetics and premium food sectors. On assignment for PKN, Dominique Huret of Cape Decision shares highlights that caught her eye. See May June 2019 issue
- Cross industry technologies -You would be hard-pressed to find any other industry as diversified as food, with its numerous and still proliferating product categories. There are today many cross-industry technologies and solutions available, as was widely evident at Anuga 2018. To read in Food & Drinks Australia June 2018
- Dynamic Albanian paper trader explores new avenues in world trade- Albania is not a country regularly under the spotlight, even less so in the business world. Dominique met a very enthousiast and competent management at Algrafika, paper trader close to Tirana. Report in AllPack Hellas, November 2018
- Planning ahead- Representatives in the whole plastics value chain shared their vision for the transition to a more circular economy, and their insights on the industry’s way forward post EU Plastics Strategy, during December conference in Brussels.
Dominique Huret reports in Plastics in Packaging n°206
- Expansion with smart logistics- Turkish can maker Sarten has been setting up fabrication plants in Europe to better serve its customers cost effectively. When sustainability is taken seriously. See Dominique Huret’s article in the Canmaker, February 2019
- First response- Why Niko Dhondt from St Luc Packaging sees his company as the go-to supplier for all printing needs. Dominique reports for Plastics November 2018
- Prize winners- Award recognition, capacity expansions and a commitment to flexographic printing have enabled Belgian converter Bastin-Pack to become as flexible as its packaging. Dominique Huret in Pip n 206
- Sustainable pulp packaging
Sabert Belgian thermoformer is producing Be Pulp a 100% compostable packaging, but the company is also proud of its double diversification, as can be read in this article of Dominique Huret. Plastics in Packaging n°203
- Spoiler alert ! Milk and dairy products continue to explore bold avenues with their packaging. Long gone is the time of glass bottle as the only option. Today, quest for extended shelf-life and sustainability are high on the agenda.Various options are filling the market.
More from Dominique Huret in Plastics in Packaging October issue 204
- Five trade shows were taking place under one name: Ipack Ima and one roof : the fiera in Milan.This was a perfect opportunity to scan trends and innovations as creativity, fashion and coffee are core to Italy.Read Dominique article in August issue of Plastics in Packaging n°202
- EU Politicians and industry met to discuss food contact plastics.
Green light was given for 140 plastic recycling processes (mostly PET) due this year. Cape Decision attended the EUPC Conference on Food Contact Plastics last May and reported for Plastics in Packaging in July issue.
- Paper technology in a bottle At the end of last year, the paper industry met in Brussels to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the CEPI.
Dominique reported on the green fiber bottle collaborative project. In Plastics in packaging, March 2018.
- Alu cans march on in Paris - ADF held in Paris was the biggest ever and offered a great opportunity for the metal industry to show off its wares. Keen observers looking for new trends in the aerosol dispensing business were also well rewarded with two award ceremonies.
Dominique's report for the Canmaker, February-March 2018.
- Traditionally, Suntory meant whiskeys - Now for many Japanese consumers it is teas, while overseas it is their sodas that are well known...
No wonder, the Suntory Group is a giant and a serial innovator in all drink categories, as Dominique reports in DT&M 2018.
- Apples, pears, bananas - Is direct coding an eco-friendly solution to save plastic packaging ? Plastic packaging may be a thing of the past for several organic product in European supermarkets.
Dominique investigates in Plastics in Packaging December 2017 issue.
- Parisian Style - The cosmetic packaging business is on the rise and the atmosphere at the ADF PCD show was buzzing with creativity. Dominique reports for Plastics in Packaging, April 2018 issue.
- Secrets of a serial innovator - More than a centura old, the Suntory Group is much more than a brewing and distilling company in Japan. Dominique has the story in Plastics in Packaging, January 2018 isue.
- Hand-in-hand - Economy and ecology are going hand-in-hand when it comes to recycling and recovery in Belgium. This Suez factory is close to a market of 25.000 tons of PP and HDPE waste streams coming from the SarLorLux region.
Dominique Huret reports on how value is created from PP and PE scrap in June issue of Plastics in Packaging
- Leaking out evolution - Paul Hill and Dominique Huret report from the drinktec show. Among others, they focus on Sidel EvoBrand enabling ultimate differentiation of bottle decoration and on Serac/Coveris single stage bottle. More in Plastics in Packaging November issue.
- Ideas flow at flagship show - On the eve of Oktoberfest, Munich attracts huge crowds, even more in drinktec year. Every 4 years, the global drinks and liquid food industry gets an innovation injection. Dominique Huret reports for Australian Food & Drink Business in this article.
Online short version for PKN Australia here
- Natural fit - Operating on a "glo-cal" scale, the Danone Packaging Research Centre in France is ensuring close links between bottled water packaging, sustainability and innovation, as Dominique discovers during a visit to Evian-les-Bains in Plastics in Packaging August issue.