Food & Drink Business in this article.
Online short version for PKN Australia here
• Natural fit - Operating on a "glo-cal" scale, the Danone Packaging Research Centre in France is ensuring close links between bottled water packaging, sustainability and innovation, as Dominique discovers during a visit to Evian-les-Bains in Plastics in Packaging August issue.
• Mastering the art of labels - With Lintec's recent acquisition of Mactac Americas LLC still fresh, some of the Japanese company's top executives at its Tokyo headquarters talk about their expansion plans and their latest innovations.
Dominique reports on Lintec in Plastics in Packaging March issue.
• Early adopter or trendsetter ? - When digital printing meets customization, the potential is seemingly endless. But is that potential for now or later ? Pira reports digital printing markets expect an amazing 68.3% growth in sales by 2018. Read Dominique's article in Plastic in Packaging February issue.
• Japanese consumers crave for functional drinks - The country is often considered as the home of healthy food innovation, maybe due to Yakult’s entry into the market around 1935 already. Later, the Foshu system or Food for Specified Health Uses started to strictly regulate the claims. Today the market is flooded with all sorts of products. Dominique reports in March issue of Drink Marketing and Technology.
• Out with the old, in with the new : natural flavours and aseptic filling - A BeNeLux‘s major soft-drinks producer has recently started an aseptic bottling line for the production of a new generation of drinks using natural ingredients in PET bottles. Dominique Huret reports from Spa. Read the story in the June issue of Plastics in Packaging.
• Innovating by skipping Stages - Three significant developments at a recent event shared one thing in common : the elimination of a stage in the value chaine. Are we witnessing the future of many innovations to come ? Cape Decision reports in Plastics in Packaging, January 2016.
• Pâtisserie Masmoudi : Charm and Finesse of the Middle East - Tunisian pâtisserie Masmoudi offers a very nice story, combining tradition and modernity. This story tells more about the high-end product yet not well known in Europe. The full story is in Food Technology and Marketing - June 2015.
• Waterloo - the Beer of Bravery at the Core of major historical Celebrations in Belgium - The battle and the beer have always been closely linked. Giving strength and vigor to soldiers once upon a time, the range of Waterloo beers was everywhere during the bicentenary festivities. Drink Technology and Marketing, June 2015.
• Unisensor - Technological Passion and Flair for the Sake of Environmental Conservation - Visionary entrepreneur, Dr Günther Krieg is interviewed by Dominique on his lifetime achievements. Find out more in Drink Technology and Marketing.
• Hewlett Packard : Hungry for Food - Ready to take a share in the printing of flexible food packaging, the press manufacturer sees a bright future for digital technology. Dominique was in Tel Aviv for this report in Plastics in Packaging.
• The Silver Economy - Is French Packaging in step with the times or ahead of the game ? At the Paris Emballage fair, a committee of experts from major international brands discussed the key issues and trends driving the packaging industry. Dominique finds out more in Plastics in Packaging.
• In pursuit of Yoki-Monozukuri - Packaging contributes to society in Japan, more than in any other country. Dominique finds out how the "yoki-monozukuri" concept has helped Kao reach new levels. More in Plastics in Packaging.
• Invisible markers identify plastics in waste stream - Dominique's contribution in Labels and Labeling, May 2016. in Labels and Labeling
• Egyptian packaging and food processing industry are weathering the turmoil - Find more of our analysis in Food Marketing and Technology
• House of packs - A front runner in the product household market unveils a dispensing closure featuring 3 consumer benefits. More in Drink Technology + Marketing
• Water footprint on the industrial agenda - After "energy" and "carbon footprint", "industrial water" is now the new focus. Dominique reports for Drink Technology and Marketing. Read more in Drink Technology + Marketing
• Breakthrough Innovation : Drinktec kept all its promises ! - Direct digital printing attracted a lot of attention due to its ability to allow container customization and flexible operation. Dominique reported for Plastics in Packaging
• Food safety is a hot issue... - ... and yet our food has never been as safe. Japan LRQA CEO explains how food certification can help restore consumer trust.
Dominique reports for Food Marketing and Technology.
• Is this the end of Japanese packaging fun ? - If the 2011 earthquake has left the country with insufficient packaging suppliers for its food industry, it has also led industry and consumer to adjust to the 21st century's new challenges. Dominique finds out more in Food Marketing and Technology.
• Snow business - When East entrepreneurs meet West expertise, the future is bold. With major investments planned, one Mongolian beverage producer is bold about its future. Read more in Plastics in Packaging March 2013 issue.
• East meets West - When East entrepreneurs meet West expertise, the future is bold. Read the Vitsamo update in the March/April 2013 issue of Plastic and Packaging, The Filling Business and Drink Marketing and Technology.
• Water & Health - For Water in the Spotlight (6), Dominique examines the close links between hydratation and Health. See paper in Drink Technology + Marketing September 2012
• No more bottlenecks - Looking back at Cape Decision's achievements in the beverage, food and packaging industry around the world. In its summertime 2013 issue, an English speaking business magazine recaps.
• PET Packaging is King in Mongolia - Read the "Next Steppes" for Vitsamo, fruit juice producer.
(See paper of April 2012 issue of Plastics in Packaging).
• A stunning supply chain on Genghis Khan's footsteps - How Vitsamo delivers quality fruit juice to Mongolia.
See paper of June 2012 issue in Drink Technology + Marketing.
• Water packaging (r)evolutions - Mainly a substitution of material over time.
(See paper of November 2011 issue of Drink Marketing + Technology).
• Agrifood Belgium Showcase : A selection of Belgian's successful agrifood businesses present their update profile and innovations.
See paper of June 2011 issue in Food Marketing + Technology.
• Moment of Truth - More than two thirds of new products fail to meet expectations. So it is vital to reduce errors and increase speed to market.
See paper of March 2011 issue in Plastics in Packaging.
• On your Marks ! - Building a strong brand with good packaging is hard work and involves money, sweat and hopefully not too many tears.
See paper of January 2011 issue in Plastics in Packaging.
• Water in the Spotlight (3) : Water and culture - Around the world consumers are not buying bottled water for the similar reasons. Indeed, background and culture influence the way we consider our bottled water.
See paper of September 2010 issue in Drink Technology + Marketing.
• Water in the Spotlight (2) : Three categories of water - Careful about their food, many Europeans do not know much about the water they drink. Essential ingredients of bottled waters can deeply vary.
See paper of June 2010 issue in Drink Technology + Marketing.
• From Beer to Eternity - Could the 'all-in-one' concept be the ideal solution for beer in PET bottles ?
See paper of January 2010 issue 99, Plastics in Packaging.
• Water in the Spotlight (1) : Tap or Bottled ? - With numerous noisy campaigns targeted at bottled water and its impact on the environment, it is easy to be misled on bottled and tap water health/safety benefits.
See paper of November 2009 issue in Drink Technology + Marketing.
• Taste of Success for an exceptional Mineral Water - The independent Centro Europeo di Ricerca Acque minerali (Napoli) recently awarded its first European Mineral Water Quality Prize to Spadel.
See paper of July/August 2009 issue in Water Innovation.
• Barrier PET for sensitive products - Juice, beer and dairy products : would functional barrier PET be the ideal solution for best quality and shelf life ?
See paper of August 2008 issue in Plastics in packaging
• Caps and closures are heading up for innovation - The market for caps and closures goes through dramatic changes.
See paper of the March 2007 issue in Plastics in Packaging.