Food & Drink Business in this article.
Online short version for PKN Australia here
• Natural fit - Operating on a "glo-cal" scale, the Danone Packaging Research Centre in France is ensuring close links between bottled water packaging, sustainability and innovation, as Dominique discovers during a visit to Evian-les-Bains in Plastics in Packaging August issue.
• Mastering the art of labels - With Lintec's recent acquisition of Mactac Americas LLC still fresh, some of the Japanese company's top executives at its Tokyo headquarters talk about their expansion plans and their latest innovations.
Dominique reports on Lintec in Plastics in Packaging March issue.
• Early adopter or trendsetter ? - When digital printing meets customization, the potential is seemingly endless. But is that potential for now or later ? Pira reports digital printing markets expect an amazing 68.3% growth in sales by 2018. Read Dominique's article in Plastic in Packaging February issue.
• Japanese consumers crave for functional drinks - The country is often considered as the home of healthy food innovation, maybe due to Yakult’s entry into the market around 1935 already. Later, the Foshu system or Food for Specified Health Uses started to strictly regulate the claims. Today the market is flooded with all sorts of products. Dominique reports in March issue of Drink Marketing and Technology.
• Out with the old, in with the new : natural flavours and aseptic filling - A BeNeLux‘s major soft-drinks producer has recently started an aseptic bottling line for the production of a new generation of drinks using natural ingredients in PET bottles. Dominique Huret reports from Spa. Read the story in the June issue of Plastics in Packaging.
• Innovating by skipping Stages - Three significant developments at a recent event shared one thing in common : the elimination of a stage in the value chaine. Are we witnessing the future of many innovations to come ? Cape Decision reports in Plastics in Packaging, January 2016.
• Pâtisserie Masmoudi : Charm and Finesse of the Middle East - Tunisian pâtisserie Masmoudi offers a very nice story, combining tradition and modernity. This story tells more about the high-end product yet not well known in Europe. The full story is in Food Technology and Marketing - June 2015.
• Waterloo - the Beer of Bravery at the Core of major historical Celebrations in Belgium - The battle and the beer have always been closely linked. Giving strength and vigor to soldiers once upon a time, the range of Waterloo beers was everywhere during the bicentenary festivities. Drink Technology and Marketing, June 2015.
• Unisensor - Technological Passion and Flair for the Sake of Environmental Conservation - Visionary entrepreneur, Dr Günther Krieg is interviewed by Dominique on his lifetime achievements. Find out more in Drink Technology and Marketing.
• Hewlett Packard : Hungry for Food - Ready to take a share in the printing of flexible food packaging, the press manufacturer sees a bright future for digital technology. Dominique was in Tel Aviv for this report in Plastics in Packaging.
• The Silver Economy - Is French Packaging in step with the times or ahead of the game ? At the Paris Emballage fair, a committee of experts from major international brands discussed the key issues and trends driving the packaging industry. Dominique finds out more in Plastics in Packaging.
• In pursuit of Yoki-Monozukuri - Packaging contributes to society in Japan, more than in any other country. Dominique finds out how the "yoki-monozukuri" concept has helped Kao reach new levels. More in Plastics in Packaging.